This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Eighth Kathisma
Psalm Fifty-Nine LXX (Ps. 60, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast
been displeased; O turn thyself to us again.
- Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal
the breaches thereof; for it shaketh.
- Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to
drink the wine of astonishment.
- Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be
displayed because of the truth. Selah.
- That thy beloved may be delivered; save with thy right hand, and
- God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide
Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the
strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver;
- Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia,
triumph thou because of me.
- Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into
- Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and thou, O God,
which didst not go out with our armies?
- Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
- Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread
down our enemies.
Orthodox Library, Sts. Tigrius and Eutropius, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Hieronymie,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!