This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Eighth Kathisma
Psalm Fifty-Eight LXX (Ps. 59, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that
rise up against me.
- Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody
- For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered
against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
- They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help
me, and behold.
- Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to
visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors.
- They return at evening: they make a noise like a dog, and go
round about the city.
- Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their
lips: for who, say they, doth hear?
- But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the
heathen in derision.
- Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my
- The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my
desire upon mine enemies.
- Slay them not, lest my people forget: scatter them by thy power;
and bring them down, O Lord our shield.
- For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them
even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they
- Consume them in wrath, consume them, that they may not be: and
let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth.
- And at evening let them return; and let them make a noise like a
dog, and go round about the city.
- Let them wander up and down for meat, and grudge if they be not
- But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy
mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the
day of my trouble.
- Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence,
and the God of my mercy.
Orthodox Library, St. Tikhon of Luchov, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!