This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER: First Kathisma
Psalm Seven LXX (Ps. 7, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them
that persecute me, and deliver me:
- Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while
there is none to deliver.
- O LORD my God, If I have done this; if there be iniquity in my
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea,
I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
- Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread
down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
- Arise, O LORD, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the
rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast
- So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for
their sakes therefore return thou on high.
- The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to
my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
- Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish
the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
- My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
- God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked
- If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow,
and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he
ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived
mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent
dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
- I will praise the LORD according to his righteousness: and will
sing praise to the name of the LORD most high.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!