This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- Again the word of the LORD of hosts came to me, saying,
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great
jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.
- Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in
the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth;
and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old
women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff
in his hand for very age.
- And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls
playing in the streets thereof.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of
the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous
in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from
the east country, and from the west country;
- And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of
Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in
truth and in righteousness.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that
hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which
were in the day that the foundation of the house of the LORD of hosts
was laid, that the temple might be built.
- For before these days there was no hire for man, nor any hire
for beast; neither was there any peace to him that went out or came in
because of the affliction: for I set all men every one against his
- But now I will not be unto the residue of this people as in the
former days, saith the LORD of hosts.
- For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit,
and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give
their dew; and I will cause the remnant of this people to possess all
- And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the
heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you,
and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.
- For thus saith the LORD of hosts; As I thought to punish you,
when your fathers provoked me to wrath, saith the LORD of hosts, and I
- So again have I thought in these days to do well unto Jerusalem
and to the house of Judah: fear ye not.
- These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the
truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in
- And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his
neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I
hate, saith the LORD.
- And the word of the LORD of hosts came unto me, saying,
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and
the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of
the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and
cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that
there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:
- And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let
us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts:
I will go also.
- Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD
of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to
pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the
nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew,
saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.
St. Nicanor the Deacon, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Stephen,
the victims of the Christmas Tsunami,
and all the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!