This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a
man that is wakened out of his sleep.
- And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked,
and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it,
and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which
are upon the top thereof:
- And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl,
and the other upon the left side thereof.
- So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying,
What are these, my lord?
- Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me,
Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
- Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of
the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by
my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt
become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with
shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.
- Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
- The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house;
his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of
hosts hath sent me unto you.
- For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall
rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with
those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro
through the whole earth.
- Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive
trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side
- And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive
branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out
- And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be?
And I said, No, my lord.
- Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the
LORD of the whole earth.
Orthodox Library, New Martyr Tikhon of Voronezh, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, the departed
Archbishop Anthony, the victims of the Christmas Tsunami,
and all the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!