This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Seventeenth Kathisma
Psalm One-Hundred and Eighteen LXX (Ps. 119, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the
- Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him
with the whole heart.
- They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
- Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
- O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
- Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy
- I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have
learned thy righteous judgments.
- I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
- Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed
thereto according to thy word.
- With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from
- Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against
- Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
- With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
- I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all
- I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
- I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy
- Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy
- Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of
- I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.
- My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments
at all times.
- Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from
- Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy
- Princes also did sit and speak against me: but thy servant did
meditate in thy statutes.
- Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.leth.
- My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy
- I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me: teach me thy
- Make me to understand the way of thy precepts: so shall I talk
of thy wondrous works.
- My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto
- Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law
- I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before
- I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.
- I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge
- Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it
unto the end.
- Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall
observe it with my whole heart.
- Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I
- Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
- Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me
in thy way.
- Stablish thy word unto thy servant, who is devoted to thy fear.
- Turn away my reproach which I fear: for thy judgments are good.
- Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy
- Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation,
according to thy word.
- So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for
I trust in thy word.
- And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I
have hoped in thy judgments.
- So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
- And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.
- I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not
- And I will delight myself in thy commandments, which I have
- My hands also will I lift up unto thy commandments, which I have
loved; and I will meditate in thy statutes.
- Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused
me to hope.
- This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened
- The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not
declined from thy law.
- I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted
- Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that
forsake thy law.
- Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.
- I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept
- This I had, because I kept thy precepts.
- Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy
- I intreated thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me
according to thy word.
- I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto thy testimonies.
- I made haste, and delayed not to keep thy commandments.
- The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten
- At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy
- I am a companion of all them that fear thee, and of them that
keep thy precepts.
- The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
- Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto
- Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy
- Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy
- Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
- The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep thy
precepts with my whole heart.
- Their heart is as fat as grease; but I delight in thy law.
- It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn
- The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold
- Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding,
that I may learn thy commandments.
- They that fear thee will be glad when they see me; because I
have hoped in thy word.
- I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in
faithfulness hast afflicted me.
- Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort,
according to thy word unto thy servant.
- Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy
law is my delight.
- Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me
without a cause: but I will meditate in thy precepts.
- Let those that fear thee turn unto me, and those that have known
- Let my heart be sound in thy statutes; that I be not ashamed.
- My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.
- Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?
- For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget
- How many are the days of thy servant? when wilt thou execute
judgment on them that persecute me?
- The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.
- All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully;
help thou me.
- They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy
- Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the
testimony of thy mouth.
- For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
- Thy faithfulness is unto all generations: thou hast established
the earth, and it abideth.
- They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all
are thy servants.
- Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished
in mine affliction.
- I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast
- I am thine, save me: for I have sought thy precepts.
- The wicked have waited for me to destroy me: but I will consider
- I have seen an end of all perfection: but thy commandment is
- O how I love thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
- Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine
enemies: for they are ever with me.
- I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy
testimonies are my meditation.
- I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy
- I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep
- I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught
- How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey
to my mouth!
- Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate
every false way.
- Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep thy
- I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto
- Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O
LORD, and teach me thy judgments.
- My soul is continually in my hand: yet do I not forget thy law.
- The wicked have laid a snare for me: yet I erred not from thy
- Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever: for they
are the rejoicing of my heart.
- I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes alway, even
unto the end.
- I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
- Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
- Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments
of my God.
- Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me
not be ashamed of my hope.
- Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect
unto thy statutes continually.
- Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for
their deceit is falsehood.
- Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross:
therefore I love thy testimonies.
- My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy
- I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine
- Be surety for thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress
- Mine eyes fail for thy salvation, and for the word of thy
- Deal with thy servant according unto thy mercy, and teach me
- I am thy servant; give me understanding, that I may know thy
- It is time for thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void thy
- Therefore I love thy commandments above gold; yea, above fine
- Therefore I esteem all thy precepts concerning all things to be
right; and I hate every false way.
- Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep
- The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding
unto the simple.
- I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy
- Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as thou usest to do
unto those that love thy name.
- Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have
dominion over me.
- Deliver me from the oppression of man: so will I keep thy
- Make thy face to shine upon thy servant; and teach me thy
- Rivers of waters run down mine eyes, because they keep not thy
- Righteous art thou, O LORD, and upright are thy judgments.
- Thy testimonies that thou hast commanded are righteous and very
- My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten
- Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.
- I am small and despised: yet do not I forget thy precepts.
- Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law
is the truth.
- Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments
are my delights.
- The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me
understanding, and I shall live.
- I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O LORD: I will keep thy
- I cried unto thee; save me, and I shall keep thy testimonies.
- I prevented the dawning of the morning, and cried: I hoped in
- Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in
- Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O LORD,
quicken me according to thy judgment.
- They draw nigh that follow after mischief: they are far from
- Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.
- Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast
founded them for ever.
- Consider mine affliction, and deliver me: for I do not forget
- Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy
- Salvation is far from the wicked: for they seek not thy
- Great are thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to
- Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline
from thy testimonies.
- I beheld the transgressors, and was grieved; because they kept
not thy word.
- Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according
to thy lovingkindness.
- Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy
righteous judgments endureth for ever.
- Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart
standeth in awe of thy word.
- I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil.
- I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.
- Seven times a day do I praise thee because of thy righteous
- Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall
- LORD, I have hoped for thy salvation, and done thy
- My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.
- I have kept thy precepts and thy testimonies: for all my ways
are before thee.
- Let my cry come near before thee, O LORD: give me understanding
according to thy word.
- Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to
- My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy
- My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are
- Let thine hand help me; for I have chosen thy precepts.
- I have longed for thy salvation, O LORD; and thy law is my
- Let my soul live, and it shall praise thee; and let thy
judgments help me.
- I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I
do not forget thy commandments.
Orthodox Library, Pascha
(St. Guthlac of Crowland), 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!