This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Tenth Kathisma
Psalm Seventy-Five LXX (Ps. 76, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- In Judah is God known: his name is great in Israel.
- In Salem also is his tabernacle, and his dwelling place in Zion.
- There brake he the arrows of the bow, the shield, and the sword,
and the battle. Selah.
- Thou art more glorious and excellent than the mountains of prey.
- The stouthearted are spoiled, they have slept their sleep: and
none of the men of might have found their hands.
- At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, both the chariot and horse are
cast into a dead sleep.
- Thou, even thou, art to be feared: and who may stand in thy sight
when once thou art angry?
- Thou didst cause judgment to be heard from heaven; the earth
feared, and was still,
- When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth.
- Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: the remainder of
wrath shalt thou restrain.
- Vow, and pay unto the LORD your God: let all that be round about
him bring presents unto him that ought to be feared.
- He shall cut off the spirit of princes: he is terrible to the
kings of the earth.
Orthodox Library, New Hieromartyr Chrysostom of Smyrna, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Kris, John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!