This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Ninth Kathisma
Psalm Sixty-Eight LXX (Ps. 69, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
- I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into
deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
- I am weary of my crying: my throat is dried: mine eyes fail while
I wait for my God.
- They that hate me without a cause are more than the hairs of mine
head: they that would destroy me, being mine enemies wrongfully, are
mighty: then I restored that which I took not away.
- O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from
- Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed
for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O
God of Israel.
- Because for thy sake I have borne reproach; shame hath covered my
- I am become a stranger unto my brethren, and an alien unto my
- For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches
of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.
- When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my
- I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to
- They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song
of the drunkards.
- But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O LORD, in an acceptable
time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of
- Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be
delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
- Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow
me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me.
- Hear me, O LORD; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me
according to the multitude of thy tender mercies.
- And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble:
hear me speedily.
- Draw nigh unto my soul, and redeem it: deliver me because of
- Thou hast known my reproach, and my shame, and my dishonour:
mine adversaries are all before thee.
- Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I
looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters,
but I found none.
- They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave
me vinegar to drink.
- Let their table become a snare before them: and that which
should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap.
- Let their eyes be darkened, that they see not; and make their
loins continually to shake.
- Pour out thine indignation upon them, and let thy wrathful anger
take hold of them.
- Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their
- For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to
the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.
- Add iniquity unto their iniquity: and let them not come into thy
- Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be
written with the righteous.
- But I am poor and sorrowful: let thy salvation, O God, set me up
- I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him
- This also shall please the LORD better than an ox or bullock
that hath horns and hoofs.
- The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall
live that seek God.
- For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners.
- Let the heaven and earth praise him, the seas, and every thing
that moveth therein.
- For God will save Zion, and will build the cities of Judah: that
they may dwell there, and have it in possession.
- The seed also of his servants shall inherit it: and they that
love his name shall dwell therein.
Orthodox Library, Martyr Mamas near Sigmata, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the hierarch Isaiah, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!