This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Eighth Kathisma
Psalm Fifty-Seven LXX (Ps. 58, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Do ye indeed speak righteousness, O congregation? do ye judge
uprightly, O ye sons of men?
- Yea, in heart ye work wickedness; ye weigh the violence of your
hands in the earth.
- The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as
they be born, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: they are like the
deaf adder that stoppeth her ear;
- Which will not hearken to the voice of charmers, charming never
- Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: break out the great
teeth of the young lions, O LORD.
- Let them melt away as waters which run continually: when he
bendeth his bow to shoot his arrows, let them be as cut in pieces.
- As a snail which melteth, let every one of them pass away: like
the untimely birth of a woman, that they may not see the sun.
- Before your pots can feel the thorns, he shall take them away as
with a whirlwind, both living, and in his wrath.
- The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: he
shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.
- So that a man shall say, Verily there is a reward for the
righteous: verily he is a God that judgeth in the earth.
Orthodox Library, Sts. Cyricus and Julitta, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Vaia,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!