This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Eighth Kathisma
Psalm Fifty-Six LXX (Ps. 57, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul
trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my
refuge, until these calamities be overpast.
- I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all
things for me.
- He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him
that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and
- My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on
fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and
their tongue a sharp sword.
- Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above
all the earth.
- They have prepared a net for my steps; my soul is bowed down:
they have digged a pit before me, into the midst whereof they are
fallen themselves. Selah.
- My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give
- Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake
- I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto
thee among the nations.
- For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the
- Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be
above all the earth.
Orthodox Library, St. Moses of Optina, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, the city of Chicago,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!