This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Eighth Kathisma
Psalm Fifty-Five LXX (Ps. 56, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he
fighting daily oppresseth me.
- Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that
fight against me, O thou most High.
- What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
- In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will
not fear what flesh can do unto me.
- Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me
- They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark
my steps, when they wait for my soul.
- Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the
people, O God.
- Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle:
are they not in thy book?
- When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I
know; for God is for me.
- In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his
- In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do
- Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
- For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou
deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light
of the living?
Orthodox Library, St. Tychon of Amathus, 2005.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, the people of Zimbabwe,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!