This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Fifth Kathisma
Psalm Thirty-Four LXX (Ps. 35, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight
against them that fight against me.
- Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.
- Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that
persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.
- Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul:
let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt.
- Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the
LORD chase them.
- Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD
- For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which
without cause they have digged for my soul.
- Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that
he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall.
- And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his
- All my bones shall say, LORD, who is like unto thee, which
deliverest the poor from him that is too strong for him, yea, the poor
and the needy from him that spoileth him?
- False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that
I knew not.
- They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.
- But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth: I
humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own
- I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I
bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.
- But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves
together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me,
and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not:
- With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with
- Lord, how long wilt thou look on? rescue my soul from their
destructions, my darling from the lions.
- I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise
thee among much people.
- Let not them that are mine enemies wrongfully rejoice over me:
neither let them wink with the eye that hate me without a cause.
- For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters
against them that are quiet in the land.
- Yea, they opened their mouth wide against me, and said, Aha,
aha, our eye hath seen it.
- This thou hast seen, O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not
far from me.
- Stir up thyself, and awake to my judgment, even unto my cause,
my God and my Lord.
- Judge me, O LORD my God, according to thy righteousness; and let
them not rejoice over me.
- Let them not say in their hearts, Ah, so would we have it: let
them not say, We have swallowed him up.
- Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion together that
rejoice at mine hurt: let them be clothed with shame and dishonour
that magnify themselves against me.
- Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous
cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which
hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.
- And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise
all the day long.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!