This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Fifth Kathisma
Psalm Thirty-Two LXX (Ps. 33, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the
- Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an
instrument of ten strings.
- Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
- For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in
- He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the
goodness of the LORD.
- By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host
of them by the breath of his mouth.
- He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth
up the depth in storehouses.
- Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the
world stand in awe of him.
- For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.
- The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he
maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
- The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his
heart to all generations.
- Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom
he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
- The LORD looketh from heaven; he beholdeth all the sons of men.
- From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the
inhabitants of the earth.
- He fashioneth their hearts alike; he considereth all their
- There is no king saved by the multitude of an host: a mighty man
is not delivered by much strength.
- An horse is a vain thing for safety: neither shall he deliver
any by his great strength.
- Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon
them that hope in his mercy;
- To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in
- Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield.
- For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in
his holy name.
- Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.
- v. 6, "Breath": a better translation would be "Spirit". Then the
shows that both the Word and Spirit participated, if that is the right
term, in the creation of the universe: ( St. John Damascene, Fid. Orth.,
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!