This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER, Fourth Kathisma
Psalm Thirty LXX (Ps. 31, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed:
deliver me in thy righteousness.
- Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong
rock, for an house of defence to save me.
- For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's
sake lead me, and guide me.
- Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for
thou art my strength.
- Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD
God of truth.
- I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the
- I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered
my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
- And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set
my feet in a large room.
- Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is
consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
- For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my
strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
- I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my
neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me
without fled from me.
- I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken
- For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side:
while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away
- But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
- My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine
enemies, and from them that persecute me.
- Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy
- Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let
the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
- Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous
things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
- Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them
that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee
before the sons of men!
- Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the
pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the
strife of tongues.
- Blessed be the LORD: for he hath shewed me his marvellous
kindness in a strong city.
- For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes:
nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried
- O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the
faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
- Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye
that hope in the LORD.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!