This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER: Third Kathisma
Psalm Twenty LXX (Ps. 21, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation
how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden
the request of his lips. Selah.
- For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou
settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
- He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of
days for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou
laid upon him.
- For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him
exceeding glad with thy countenance.
- For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the
most High he shall not be moved.
- Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall
find out those that hate thee.
- Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger:
the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour
- Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed
from among the children of men.
- For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous
device, which they are not able to perform.
- Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt
make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
- Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing
and praise thy power.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!