This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER: Third Kathisma
Psalm Eighteen LXX (Ps. 19, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth
- Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth
- There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
- Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to
the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
- Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth
as a strong man to run a race.
- His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit
unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the
testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
- The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the
commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments
of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:
sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
- Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them
there is great reward.
- Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret
- Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not
have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be
innocent from the great transgression.
- Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be
acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!