This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
THE PSALTER: Second Kathisma
Psalm Eleven LXX (Ps. 12, Masoretic)
King James Version.
- Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from
among the children of men.
- They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering
lips and with a double heart do they speak.
- The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that
speaketh proud things:
- Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our
own: who is lord over us?
- For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now
will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that
puffeth at him.
- The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a
furnace of earth, purified seven times.
- Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this
generation for ever.
- The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.
Orthodox Library, St. Isaac of the Kiev Caves, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!