This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father, and attend to
- For I give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.
- For I was my father's son, tender and only beloved in the sight
of my mother.
- He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my
words: keep my commandments, and live.
- Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline
from the words of my mouth.
- Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she
shall keep thee.
- Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all
thy getting get understanding.
- Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to
honour, when thou dost embrace her.
- She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of
glory shall she deliver to thee.
- Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of thy
life shall be many.
- I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in
- When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when
thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.
- Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she
is thy life.
- Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of
- Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
- For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their
sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
- For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of
- But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth
more and more unto the perfect day.
- The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they
- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
- Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of
- For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all
- Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues
- Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far
- Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look
straight before thee.
- Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be
- Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from
Orthodox Library, Great and Holy Pascha, 2004.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!