This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the
munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power
- For the LORD hath turned away the excellency of Jacob, as the
excellency of Israel: for the emptiers have emptied them out, and
marred their vine branches.
- The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men are in
scarlet: the chariots shall be with flaming torches in the day of his
preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.
- The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one
against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they
shall run like the lightnings.
- He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk;
they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be
- The gates of the rivers shall be opened, and the palace shall be
- And Huzzab shall be led away captive, she shall be brought up,
and her maids shall lead her as with the voice of doves, tabering upon
- But Nineveh is of old like a pool of water: yet they shall flee
away. Stand, stand, shall they cry; but none shall look back.
- Take ye the spoil of silver, take the spoil of gold: for there is
none end of the store and glory out of all the pleasant furniture.
- She is empty, and void, and waste: and the heart melteth, and
the knees smite together, and much pain is in all loins, and the faces
of them all gather blackness.
- Where is the dwelling of the lions, and the feedingplace of the
young lions, where the lion, even the old lion, walked, and the lion's
whelp, and none made them afraid?
- The lion did tear in pieces enough for his whelps, and strangled
for his lionesses, and filled his holes with prey, and his dens with
- Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will
burn her chariots in the smoke, and the sword shall devour thy young
lions: and I will cut off thy prey from the earth, and the voice of
thy messengers shall no more be heard.
Orthodox Library, St. Mary the Mother of James, 2006.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Nelas,
and all the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!