This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid
siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon
- But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the
thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that
is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old,
- Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which
travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall
return unto the children of Israel.
- And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the
majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now
shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.
- And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come
into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we
raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.
- And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the
land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from
the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth
within our borders.
- And the remnant of Jacob shall be in the midst of many people as
a dew from the LORD, as the showers upon the grass, that tarrieth not
for man, nor waiteth for the sons of men.
- And the remnant of Jacob shall be among the Gentiles in the midst
of many people as a lion among the beasts of the forest, as a young
lion among the flocks of sheep: who, if he go through, both treadeth
down, and teareth in pieces, and none can deliver.
- Thine hand shall be lifted up upon thine adversaries, and all
thine enemies shall be cut off.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that I
will cut off thy horses out of the midst of thee, and I will destroy
- And I will cut off the cities of thy land, and throw down all
thy strong holds:
- And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt
have no more soothsayers:
- Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images
out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of
- And I will pluck up thy groves out of the midst of thee: so will
I destroy thy cities.
- And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen,
such as they have not heard.
Orthodox Library, St. Marcellinus of Utrecht, 2006.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Eileen,
and all the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!