This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- Then was Jesus led up of the spirit into the wilderness to be
tempted of the devil.
- And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was
afterward an hungred.
- And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of
God, command that these stones be made bread.
- But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by
bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of
- Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him
on a pinnacle of the temple,
- And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down:
for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:
and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash
thy foot against a stone.
- Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt
the Lord thy God.
- Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain,
and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
- And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou
wilt fall down and worship me.
- Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is
written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou
- Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and
ministered unto him.
- Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he
departed into Galilee;
- And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is
upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the
- The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of
the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles;
- The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them
which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
- From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for
the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren,
Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the
sea: for they were fishers.
- And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers
- And they straightway left their nets, and followed him.
- And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the
son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their
father, mending their nets; and he called them.
- And they immediately left the ship and their father, and
- And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues,
and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of
sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
- And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto
him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments,
and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were
lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
- And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee,
and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from
Orthodox Library, Sts. Julius and Aaron, 2006.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest John, Yaneer, David, John,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!