This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will
watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I
- And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it
plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.
- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it
shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it
will surely come, it will not tarry.
- Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but
the just shall live by his faith.
- Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man,
neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as
death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations,
and heapeth unto him all people:
- Shall not all these take up a parable against him, and a taunting
proverb against him, and say, Woe to him that increaseth that which is
not his! how long? and to him that ladeth himself with thick clay!
- Shall they not rise up suddenly that shall bite thee, and awake
that shall vex thee, and thou shalt be for booties unto them?
- Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the
people shall spoil thee; because of men's blood, and for the violence
of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
- Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house, that
he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power
- Thou hast consulted shame to thy house by cutting off many
people, and hast sinned against thy soul.
- For the stone shall cry out of the wall, and the beam out of the
timber shall answer it.
- Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and stablisheth a
city by iniquity!
- Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts that the people shall
labour in the very fire, and the people shall weary themselves for
- For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of
the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
- Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy
bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on
- Thou art filled with shame for glory: drink thou also, and let
thy foreskin be uncovered: the cup of the LORD's right hand shall be
turned unto thee, and shameful spewing shall be on thy glory.
- For the violence of Lebanon shall cover thee, and the spoil of
beasts, which made them afraid, because of men's blood, and for the
violence of the land, of the city, and of all that dwell therein.
- What profiteth the graven image that the maker thereof hath
graven it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of
his work trusteth therein, to make dumb idols?
- Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone,
Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver,
and there is no breath at all in the midst of it.
- But the LORD is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep
silence before him.
Orthodox Library, Sts. Jerome and Augustine, 2006.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the scholar Karen Hieronymie,
and all the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!