Aurelius Clemens Prudentius
1912 Catholic Encyclopedia: (Read with caution)
- On Slavitt's translation of Prudentius:
In 1997, the non-Christian poet David R.
Slavitt produced a modern rhymed translation of the
Cathemerinon. It generated many reviews.
A decidedly negative review which raises the interesting
question of whether a non-believer is really capable of translating
--- First Things
- Ales Diei Nuntius: (Prayer for Spiritual Awakening)
- Corde Natus ex Parentus: (To God the Son)
- Nox ex Tenebræ et Nubila: (Morning prayer)
- O Sola Magnarum Urbium: (The Magi at Bethlehem)
- Salvete Flores Martyrum: (To the Holy Innocents)
Return to St Pachomius Library.