The Third Person of the Holy Trinity, God the Spirit
See also Filioque.
- The Spirit is a Person:
- He is "sent" from the Father:
- Never was the Father at any time lacking in the
Word, nor the Word in the Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit knows the things of God, and is God:
- The Holy Spirit (together with the Father and the Son)
creates the universe:
- Comparison to human spirit:
- The Holy Spirit is not something external to the Father, like
- The Holy Spirit is not something impersonal, like
- Nevertheless, the Word must possess Spirit:
- The purpose of Christian life is the acquisition of
the Holy Spirit:
- It is the Holy Spirit Who gives life to otherwise-dead
Return to St Pachomius Library.