This document is in the public domain. Copying it is
King James Version.
- Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and
stewards of the mysteries of God.
- Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found
- But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of
you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
- For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but
he that judgeth me is the Lord.
- Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who
both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make
manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have
praise of God.
- And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to
myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to
think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed
up for one against another.
- For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou
that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost
thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?
- Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings
without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign
- For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it
were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world,
and to angels, and to men.
- We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we
are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
- Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are
naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
- And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless;
being persecuted, we suffer it:
- Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the
world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
- I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I
- For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have
ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through
- Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
- For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved
son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of
my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
- Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
- But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know,
not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
- For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.
- What will ye? shall I come unto you with a rod, or in love, and
in the spirit of meekness?
Orthodox Library, Dormition of St. John the Theologian, 2007.
Have mercy, O Lord, upon Thy servants
the scribe John, the priest Peter, the Burmese nation,
and the parishioners of the temple of Saint Andrew in Lubbock.
THE END, AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY!